Do you ever have a hard time finding good snacks? This week I got to try out Bare Snacks and its delicious line of baked All Natural Crunchy Apple Chips and All Natural Crunchy Coconut Chips. I grabbed a bag and brought it into the car with me today. As I was in the car at a stoplight, I glanced real quick at the ingredients in the apple chips because they were so darn good and well, take a look for yourself…
Just apples??! And they taste THAT good??! Seriously I took down a whole bag by myself.
Bare Snacks is the creators of delicious Snacks Gone Simple. Crafted using only real, whole-food ingredients, Bare Snacks helps people enjoy truly good-for-you snacking any time. All Bare Snacks are created through a special oven baking process that creates a distinct crunch, and enhances the delicious natural coconut and apple flavors in every bite.
Also Bare Snacks are gluten free, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan (except Show me the Honey Crunchy Coconut Chips), and are free of refined sugar, preservatives, cholesterol and trans fats. Now that’s what I am talking about! A snack I won’t feel guilty about eating!
I was asked to come up with a recipe with 5 ingredients or less and I decided on 2 recipes, one sweet and once savory! I wouldn’t normally think of using these chips in a savory dish so that is why I had to come up with one!
I made coconut protein bombs and savory apple chicken wraps.
First is the coconut protein bombs. These are one of my favorite go to snacks and the addition of the coconut chocolate chips just made them my favorite.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup almond nut butter (or you can use peanut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 bag of Bare chocolate coconut chips, processed in a food processor
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix everything above in a medium bowl.
- Roll into balls.
- These freeze great so you can freeze them in bags and take them out as needed.
First process a whole bag of the chocolate coconut chips in a food processor.
This is what it should look like.
Add all ingredients into the bowl and mix together then form into balls.
Place in the fridge. This helps them stay in ball form but you can eat them anytime. Two went missing before these even made it to the fridge.
Next is the Savory Apple Chicken Wraps:
- Shredded chicken ( I used a cooked whole rotisserie and shredded it)
- Bare red apple chicken
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Shred your chicken.
- Prepare your squash by cutting off the ends then cutting them in half.
- Using a peeler, peel thin strips of the squash.
- Wraps the strips around little bundles of the chicken.
- For the Bare apples, process then in a food processor until ground up.
- Top with sauce, cheese then sprinkle chopped up apples on top.
- Bake 350 degress for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Once the all the chicken is wrapped, top with sauce and cheese.
Then top with crushed apples chips. This gives it a nice crunch.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through!