As a participant in the Walmart to Go First program, I’ve received a personal invite and incentives for my time and efforts in creating this post.
Today I received delivery #2 for #walmarttogo!
It went just as good as the first time! If you missed my first post, go here!
I reserved my time from 8am-10am and they arrived at 9:45. This delivery man was just so nice and so was my last one so they are winning me over with customer service!
The one thing different about this order was I got a recipe in my head that I wanted to make the night before. I had worked on a recipe last week that I have not yet posted and that recipe gave me another idea for an amazing recipe! Problem is I was missing some items that I needed from the recipe so I got online around 5pm last night, filled out my order like last time (if you need instructions, go here), and the next morning I had my items!
Walmart To Go saved me time and money! Have you ever been to the store with kids?? Every single time I get talked into buying extra things for them so if I order online I definitely save money.
No need to rush to the store since I was in no rush to make this recipe but I also had no bone in my body that felt like dragging 4 kids to the store for just a couple things. Are you ready to see what I have been cooking up???
So you know how everyone likes milk and cookies but instead of having cookies and a cup of milk, why not make cookies that are your cup of milk!
Here is how you make them and recipe is below!
Follow the recipe below then get our your favorite mason jars. I uses mini ones. I started by greasing the cup, then putting some sugar in the bottom and all around. Then I started with the bottom and put some cookie down. You can use use flour instead of sugar but I tried both and the sugar looked prettier.
This is the type of jar I used. I didn’t go all the way up the side because I was afraid it would crumble when I tried to take it out. I went a little over halfway up.
Once I took them out of the oven I immediately pushed the middles back down so there was room for the milk!
In order for the milk not to leak out, you have to have some type of barrier so I melted some chocolate and poured it in the cup and let it dry. This created a barrier so the milk wouldn’t leak out. But this won’t hold up forever so as soon as you pour the milk get ready to drink!
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- Mix last ingredients together then fold in chocolate chips. I like the milk chocolate and white chocolate.
- For the middle of the cookie:
- white chocolate bark
- Turn oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ingredients together then fold in chocolate chips. I like the milk chocolate and white chocolate.
- Grease a small mason jar then sprinkle sugar in the bottom and all around the sides.
- Put in cookie dough on the bottom then spread up the sides. It needs to be sort of thin but thick enough so the milk isn’t falling through holes and the cookie can hold up when you take it out of the jar.
- Be sure to over bake rather than undertake because the cookie will fall apart if you undertake.
- Bake 10 or so minutes or until whole cookie in jar is brown.
- Take it out and immediately run a knife around the outside so it doesn’t stick to the sides.
- If the middle has puffed up, push it back down with a spoon so there is a whole in the middle for the milk.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once it’s not piping hot, try to get it out of the jar. Before careful because I had a few fall apart or not come all the way out.
- Once you get the cookie out of the jar and it’s cool, melt some chocolate.
- Pour some chocolate in the cookie cup and let harden. You are making a barrier so the milk doesn’t spill out.
- You can even put it in the freezer for a few minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, pour in some milk and enjoy!!
Another thing I decide to try with this order was meat and vegetables. I know the trucks they deliver on are temperature controlled but I like to be sure my meats stay cold! I order some refrigerated chicken and some frozen chicken. Both came as cold as they would have been if I had gone to the store and got them myself!
I also got some avocado’s and those looked great as well! No complaints here!
This is a rarely new service so if your store does not offer this yet, keep checking back, they might offer it in the future.
See the chicken is EXTREMELY frozen! Just the way I like my frozen meats!
And if you try my Cup of Milk Cookies let me know if it works for you!